The Resource Jay M. Whitham papers, 1914-1916
- Jay M. Whitham papers, 1914-1916
- Inclusive dates
- The papers consist of three typescript volumes: "Abstract of literature on water wheels and water driven mills" by Jay M. Whitham, 1916; "Digest of literature relating to ordinary country grist and saw mills," by Whitham, 1914; and an index. All are inscribed by Whitham to Roswell D. Trimble
- These papers were used by Whitham in writing his book, Water rights determination from an engineering standpoint [TJ840 .W5]
- Biographical or historical data
- Roswell D. Trimble (1871-1951), engineer, who worked variously on distribution stations for Standard Oil; irrigation, drainage, and agricultural chemistry in South Carolina; establishing a tea plantation in South Carolina; railroad construction in Kentucky; and, in private practice in Richmond, Va.
- Jay Manuel Whitham, engineer, was an early consultant in the long-term preliminary planning which led to the development of water power resources in North Carolina and Tennessee, including the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Jay M. Whitham papers, 1914-1916
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Jay M. Whitham papers, 1914-1916
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/resource/26n9SKvEOWs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/resource/26n9SKvEOWs/">Jay M. Whitham papers, 1914-1916</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/">University of Virginia Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by University of Virginia Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...