The Resource Andrew Lang letters and photographs
- Andrew Lang letters and photographs
- In a letter, Jun 30, Lang writes to S. S. McClure to note that "The 'Compensation' is not magnifique, but the interest is not contemporary. I will think it over, and let you know. Probably three installments of, say, 3000 words each, would see it out, for your purposes. I will write again." Continues on to say, "With horror I say it, I don't like the butchery in the Wrecker. Fight as much as you like, but shoot my unresisting men, merely to save your own neck, no. And our Irishman would not have thrown a knife, I think."
- In a letter, Apr 15, to an unidentified recipient he states "There appears ot be some error: I have heard nothing of your firm in connection with any work of mine."
- In a letter, Jun 23, to S. S. McClure he writes that he has found the Greek book he wanted and will go to work on the story of 'The Fall of Troy.'" He also suggests McClure look at three writers: Morley Roberts, Horace Hutchinson, and "Mrs. Bovil."
- In a letter Mar 1, to McClure, he enthuses about a proposed series of "interviews with great men dead and continues with a disussion of "new" men, including Stanley Weyman and a Mrs. Bovill, among others
- The collection also contains a magazine page with 3 photos of Andrew Lang on one side, and 2 on the other and a brief biographical sketch of Lang
- Biographical or historical data
- Andrew Lang. Scots poet, novelist, and literary critic, known as collector of fairy tales.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Andrew Lang letters and photographs
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Andrew Lang letters and photographs
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/resource/6gSF50LdcHM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/resource/6gSF50LdcHM/">Andrew Lang letters and photographs</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/">University of Virginia Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by University of Virginia Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...