The Resource Albemarle resolutions on Thomas Jefferson, 1840 Jul.9
- Albemarle resolutions on Thomas Jefferson, 1840 Jul.9
- Inclusive dates
- 1840 Jul.9
- Draft of a preamble and resolutions in defense of Thomas Jefferson and in response to the accusations of the Rev. S. H. Tyng in the "Episcopal Recorder." The Aug. 8, 1840 issue of the "Charlottesville Advocate" reported on the meeting of the citizenry at which the resolutions were adopted
- The document is addressed to Thomas W. Maury and contains a postscript by Rives in which he says the resolutions are "what seems to me compatible with the calmness and dignity of a public meeting, deliberating on Dr. T.'s libellus [sic] attacks. Si quid rectius novisti, utere tuo &c. &c." The Latin phrase is a misquotation from Horace, Epistles I
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Location of other archival material
- A later draft in the hand of William Cabell Rives is held by the John Carter Brown Library.
ContextContext of Albemarle resolutions on Thomas Jefferson, 1840 Jul.9
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Albemarle resolutions on Thomas Jefferson, 1840 Jul.9
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/resource/ZqK5llJFDtk/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/resource/ZqK5llJFDtk/">Albemarle resolutions on Thomas Jefferson, 1840 Jul.9</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/">University of Virginia Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by University of Virginia Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...