The Resource A treatise of exchange, 1607-1625
- A treatise of exchange, 1607-1625
- Inclusive dates
- Title variation
- William Sanderson treatise
- Great Britain -- Commerce -- Virginia -- History
- Great Britain -- Economic conditions -- 17th century
- Virginia -- Commerce -- Great Britain -- History
- Great Britain -- History -- James I, 1603-1625
- Burghley, William Cecil, Baron, 1520-1598
- Raleigh, Walter, Sir, 1552?-1618
- Foreign exchange -- History -- Great Britain
- The original manuscript of Sanderson's "A Treatise of Exchange and of ye Kinges Ma.ties Royall Exchanges Office..." is a plea for a return to the Elizabethan economic policy of Lord Burghley, with particular reference to the balance of trade, foreign exchange, and the value of money
- An addition refers to Sanderson's connection with Sir Walter Raleigh for whom he "did at severall tymes stande bounde" and with whom he made "also severall adventures into Virginia."
- The essay was written over time with the body of the work begun in 1607, the introductory matter composed after the death of Robert Cecil in 1612, an original dedication to James I, and additions and a dedication to Charles I in 1625
- Biographical or historical data
- English merchant adventurer, married to Sir Walter Raleigh's niece, financial backer for several voyages of discovery.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of A treatise of exchange, 1607-1625
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A treatise of exchange, 1607-1625
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/resource/binP3FSo7c8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/resource/binP3FSo7c8/">A treatise of exchange, 1607-1625</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/">University of Virginia Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by University of Virginia Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...