The Resource Returns of provisions, 1777-1778
- Returns of provisions, 1777-1778
- Inclusive dates
- Title variation
- Revolutionary War returns
- The collection contains fragmented accountings of provisions "Received for the Troops in Camp under the Command of His Excellency George Washington Esquire Commander in Chief . . " Listed are provisions for four and one half months, apparently collected for troops at Valley Forge, Pa
- Also, a six months supply "Return of Stores and Provisions Received at the different Posts and Magazines in the Middle Department," and "Return of Provisions and Stores" received and remaining at specified posts in Virginia under the direction of Stewart's deputy, Wm. Green Munford
- Sites in Virginia included: Portsmouth, Fredericksburgh, Alexandria, Petersburgh, Richmond, and York-Town. Tabulations of provisions included: Pork, Head Cattle, Fresh Beef, Salt Beef, Sheep, Veal, Mutton, Butter, Spirits, Rum, Whiskey, Vinegar, Hides, Salt, Tallow, Peas, Rice, Fish, Soap, Candles, Indn. Meal, Potatoes, Molasses, Turnips, Flour etc
- Biographical or historical data
- Continental Army Commissary General of Issues.
- Cataloging source
ContextContext of Returns of provisions, 1777-1778
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Returns of provisions, 1777-1778
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/resource/zBCeZcCCUK4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/resource/zBCeZcCCUK4/">Returns of provisions, 1777-1778</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.lib.virginia.edu/">University of Virginia Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by University of Virginia Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...